Did you jump out of bed this morning, positively bursting with energy? Do you ever? Energy levels sometimes ebb and flow, but if this is a consistent struggle for you, there are some simple practices you can put into place that can really help!
Toxicity in our bodies is one of the main culprits for low-energy, fatigue and disease.
When our systems are running clean and efficiently, our bodies have more energy to burn elsewhere.
While there are some environmental toxins we can’t avoid, much of our toxicity is diet and lifestyle related. I personally believe in the benefits a deeper reboot each season to reset your body, give your digestive system a break and make the shift to more seasonal foods. However, if that seems too much for you, implement these simple steps to get your body closer to where you want it to be! Cleansing your body does not have to be this big scary thing and it doesn’t have to be an event. It’s happening in your body every day on some level.
But if you feel tired or low-energy, your body is talking to you! So, listen up!
There are some shifts in your daily habits you can make to boost your energy and help your body function more optimally. Depending on your current lifestyle it may be as simple as adding a couple of quick and easy rituals to your day.
Here are 9 easy daily detox tips you can use to optimize detox every day!
- Eat real food in its natural state. Processed foods are filled with toxic ingredients that are not only harmful to your health, but actively deplete the nutrient stores you already have. They also wreak havoc on your digestive system. And when your digestive system works so hard, your energy suffers!
- Eat more greens. Greens are high alkaline foods which help neutralize acidic conditions in your body. Greens help filter toxins and purify the blood, strengthen your immune system, improve the function of your detox organs, increase circulation and reduce inflammation in the body. While you’re eating your greens, add the rest of the colors of the rainbow as well to get a full range of phytonutrients!
- Drink lemon water. Water flushes toxins from the system and transports nutrients where they need to go. The kidneys rely on water to remove toxins from the blood and every other organ relies on water as well! Lemon helps alkalize the body to optimize detoxification. Try to drink at least half your body weight in ounces daily (for example, if you weigh 130 pounds, you need 65 ounces daily).
- Move your body. Sweat releases toxins from the body, so sweat often! Exercise also helps to reduce stress, one of the biggest sources of toxicity in our life.
- Dry skin brushing. This simple practice stimulates the lymphatic system, which is responsible for the elimination of wastes and toxins. It also improves circulation and helps soften the fat deposits below the skin’s surface which can help reduce the appearance of cellulite. Be sure to use a natural bristle brush designed for this purpose. Learn more about the benefits of dry brushing, with complete “how-to” instructions here.
- Tongue Scraping. The simple act of scraping the tongue of mucus and bacteria is an easy detox tool! A tongue scraper is usually a u-shaped object of stainless steel (try Dr. Tung’s brand or a good old-fashioned spoon!) In addition to enhancing detox, it gives you better oral hygiene, better breath and re-sensitizes your taste buds.
- Detox Bath. One of the most relaxing ways to cleanse your body! Detox baths help naturally pull toxins from your body and boost your immune system. To a hot bath, add 1 cup Epsom salts or Magnesium Bath Flakes, ½ cup baking soda and a few drops of your favorite essential oils (optional).
- Use all-natural cleaning & body care products. Replace toxic cleaning products with products using essential oils or citrus or vinegar instead of toxic chemicals and body care with natural ingredients such as coconut oil moisturizer.
- Master your mindset. Your mind is a powerful tool, for better or for worse! Ditch toxic attitudes and emotions. Journaling, a gratitude practice or even exercise can help! Spending just a few minutes each day to “check-in” with yourself can boost your energy in surprising ways!
How many of these daily detox tips are currently part of your daily or weekly routine? Let us know in the comments, then challenge yourself to try all nine this week!
Want to dive deeper into a whole foods reboot? Mark your calendars and save the date for May 10-23 and join us for the 14 to Fully Functional Spring Reboot! You’ll be implementing the daily detox tips + fueling your body with nature’s best, most delicious foods to help you thrive, stay energized, healthy and happy!