Living grain free can be a challenge when it’s new! Instead of having commercially made breads for breakfast, consider using sweet potatoes.
- 1-2 Sweet potatoes, cut into thin ¼ inch slices. You can use a mandolin slicer if you have one.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Once the sweet potatoes are sliced, place the slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle on the sea salt.
- Cook for 20 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooked through, turn the oven to “broil” and cook for 1-2 minutes until “toasty.”
Note: you may need to remove the parchment paper or transfer the “toasts” to a new baking sheet since the paper could burn or catch fire under the broiler. Any leftover “toast” can be kept in the fridge and heated up in the oven or in your toaster (be sure to unplug the toaster when removing sweet potato toast from the toaster.)
Once finished, top with the following:
Nut butter “toast”
- Top with nut or seed butter of choice
- Add sprinkle of cinnamon
- Add sliced apples or berries of choice.
- You could also add seeds such as pumpkin or sunflower seeds for a bit of crunch
“Healthy fat” savory toast
- Top with sliced avocado
- Sprinkle with sea salt, chili powder, and fresh lime juice
- Add smoked salmon (optional)