Dr. Ellen Antoine
DO, FACEP, ABOIM, IFMCP
Dr. Ellen Antoine completed her residency in Emergency Medicine at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She received her medical degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and her Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana.
In May 1997, Dr. Antoine took first place as the Resident Presenter at the SAEM Regional CPC Competition. She then went on to win first place as the Resident Presenter at the ACEP National CPC Competition in October of 1997. In June 1998, Dr. Antoine was awarded the William and Margaret Menin Award for Humanistic and Academic Achievements from Albert Einstein Medical Center. Following residency, Dr. Antoine took a position as faculty in an Emergency Medicine Residency Program at the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia. She was named “Most Outstanding Teaching Faculty Member” both 1998 -1999 as well as 1999 – 2000. In 2002, Dr. Antoine was named a Fellow in American College of Emergency Physicians. She is dually board certified in Emergency Medicine (FACEP) and Integrative Holistic Medicine (ABIHM). Dr. Antoine was one of the first 100 practitioners to be certified in Functional Medicine by the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFMCP) in Federal Way, Washington.
It is my sincerest hope that I can bring a measure of peace and health to you and your family as we embark on treatment with a whole body/mind/spirit approach. We will partner in healing and tackle the issues without using the conventional medical band-aid treatment
After years of health issues plaguing her family, Dr. Antoine wanted to understand the underlying causes rather than just treat the symptoms. These are the tenets of Functional Medicine – An integrative, science-based healthcare approach that treats illness and promotes wellness by focusing assessment on the biochemically unique aspects of each patient, and then individually tailoring interventions to restore physiological, psychological, and structural balance. Through addressing root issues with appropriate diet, nutritional supplementation, optimizing detoxification, and making lifestyle improvements, Dr. Antoine was able to reverse her diagnosis of Lupus, an autoimmune condition, as well as heal from chronic infections. She was also able to improve behavioral concerns and academic weaknesses in several of her children and restore health to all of her family members. Because friends and other family members noticed the significant improvements in their health and requested a consultation, Dr. Antoine began a small medical practice out of her home where she saw patients for a couple of years. In 2011, Vine Healthcare® was officially founded. Dr. Antoine is committed to and passionate about partnering with her patients on their journey to optimal wellness. Her goal is to empower others with the knowledge of how to best care for their own bodies. She loves to educate others, including other practitioners, about the role lifestyle and diet play in health and healing.
Education & Experience
- 8 years practicing Functional Medicine
- Expert in Mold/ Mycotoxin – trained in Shoemaker Protocol and many years of personal/clinical experience.
- Diplomate and Founding Member of ISEAI – International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness
- 12 years practicing Emergency Medicine
- Dually board certified in Emergency Medicine (FACEP) and Integrative Medicine (ABOIM)
- Certified in Ozonotherapy and Prolozone therapy
- Teaching Faculty, Functional Medicine Coaching Academy
- Teaching Attending Physician and Clinical Assistant Professor at Medical College of Georgia (MCG) 1998-2000.
- Residency in Emergency Medicine at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Medical degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Biology from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Listed as one of the Top 10 Holistic Doctors in Indiana
- One of the first 100 practitioners to be certified in Functional Medicine by the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFMCP)
- As of 2017, one of only 121 physicians in the country board certified in Integrative Medicine by the American Board of Integrative Medicine
- Fellow in American College of Emergency Physicians
- Medical College of Georgia Emergency Medicine Residency Program “Most Outstanding Teaching Faculty Member” – 1998-1999 and 1999-2000
- William and Margaret Menin Award for Humanistic and Academic Achievements from Albert Einstein Medical Center – June 1998
- First place – Resident Presenter at the ACEP National CPC Competition – October 1997
- First place – Resident Presenter at the SAEM Regional CPC Competition – May 1997
- Experienced and sought-after Public Speaker in the areas of Functional and Integrative Medicine