Dr. Scott Antoine
DO, FACEP, FMNFM, ABOIM, IFMCP
Dr. Scott Antoine earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Scranton, in Scranton, Pennsylvania in 1989. He then received his medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he received a full military scholarship. He completed his residency in Emergency Medicine at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1997. Following his residency, he completed a one-year fellowship in Pre-Hospital and Disaster Medicine. He received additional training in Hyperbaric Medicine. In 1998, he achieved board certification status in Emergency Medicine and was subsequently named a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians.
Dr. Antoine then served seven years on active duty with the United States Army as an Emergency Physician. His assignments included Fort Gordon in Augusta, Georgia, and Fort Knox, Kentucky. He served as the Ambulance Service Medical Director at Fort Gordon and was the Chief of the Emergency Department, the Ambulance Service Medical Director, and the Chief of the Department of Medicine at Fort Knox during his tenure there.
I am truly passionate about helping people reach optimal health and look forward to seeing you at Vine Healthcare®. Our patients often thank us for ‘giving them their life back’. There is no greater reward for a physician than to help their patient succeed in living a healthy, active, joy-filled life.
Dr. Antoine holds three board certifications: Emergency Medicine (ABEM), Integrative and Holistic Medicine (ABOIM) and Metabolic, Nutritional and Functional Medicine (MMI). He has successfully completed an Advanced Fellowship in Metabolic, Nutritional, and Functional Medicine (FMNFM) through the Metabolic Medical Institute (MMI), which is educationally partnered with George Washington University and the University of South Florida School of Medicine. Dr. Antoine is certified by the Institute For Functional Medicine.
Functional Medicine is a new and exciting specialty that is truly the future of medicine. While rooted in evidence-based medicine, it moves beyond this, focusing on individualized, patient-centered solutions to prevent and treat chronic illness. Emphasis is placed on nutritional therapies, stress reduction, and careful balancing of complex biochemical processes within the body to achieve vibrant health rather than just the absence of disease. Optimization of bioenergetic metabolic processes, protective gene activation, maximization of detoxification, and balancing hormonal cascades is coupled with nutritional counseling, correction of nutritional deficiencies and various integrative therapies that are available in our office at Vine Healthcare®.
Throughout his career, Dr. Antoine has provided training and mentorship to Paramedics and Paramedic students, medical students, Emergency Medicine Residents, Physician Assistant students, and Family Practice residents. In addition, he has lectured on Functional Medicine for the Indiana Osteopathic Association and enjoys speaking to groups both large and small.
Education & Experience
- 6 years practicing Functional Medicine
- 24 years practicing as an Emergency Medicine Physician
- Expert in Mold/ Mycotoxin – trained in Shoemaker Protocol and many years of personal/clinical experience.
- Dually board certified in Emergency Medicine (FACEP) and Integrative Medicine (ABOIM)
- Certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine
- As of 2017, one of only 121 physicians in the country board certified in Integrative Medicine (ABOIM)
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Indiana University Medical School 2005-present
- Seven years active duty as an Emergency Physician with United States Army, Fort Gordon in Augusta, Georgia, and Fort Knox, Kentucky
- Ambulance Service Medical Director at Fort Gordon
- Chief of the Emergency Department, the Ambulance Service Medical Director, and the Chief of the Department of Medicine at Fort Knox
- Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians
- Board certification status in Emergency Medicine
- One-year fellowship in Pre-Hospital and Disaster Medicine at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Residency in Emergency Medicine at Albert Einstein Medical Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he received a full military scholarship
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Scranton, Scranton, Pennsylvania