This product provides a blend of Echinacea and other herbs to support the body’s natural immune response to bacterial and viral challenges. The immune system uses a vast array of beneficial immune cells and processes to protect against infectious organisms. White blood cells play a vital role in the body’s immune system defense, as several different types destroy harmful organisms by ingesting them through the process of phagocytosis. Other immune system defenses rely on chemical mediators to help boost immune responses by stimulating the action and production of other immune system cells.
This product has been formulated with several herbal extracts that safely support the body’s ability to mount an appropriate and effective immune defense as follows:
- Echinacea: Echinacea is a well-known medicinal herb with a long history of use. Studies have shown that Echinacea exhibits an immune-stimulating effect by increasing levels of white blood cells and phagocytic activity. Echinacea also promotes levels of interferon, which play an important part in the body’s defense mechanism.
- Astragalus: Astragalus products are derived from the roots of Astragalus membranaceus and have a long history of use in traditional Chinese medicine. Polysaccharides in Astragalus have been shown to stimulate the immune system by increasing development of active immune cells and heightening immune system activity.
- Elderberry: Elderberry is a tall tree-like shrub native to Europe, Asia, and North Africa which has been shown to have immune modulating and antioxidant properties. Research suggests Elderberry may help boost immune function by increasing production of important chemical mediators involved in cellular immunity.
- Goldenseal: This perennial herb is native to the northeastern United States. The primary active constituents of goldenseal are alkaloids which may enhance immune function by activating special white blood cells called macrophages. Studies show that goldenseal may also help regulate processes leading to inflammation of mucous membranes found in the nose and lungs. Berberine, an alkaloid in goldenseal, may also provide additional benefit as it has several metabolic and inhibitory actions against a number of harmful microbes.
- Licorice: Licorice is derived from the root of the low-growing shrub Glycyrrhiza glabra and has been widely used for centuries. Scientific studies have revealed that glycyrrhizin, one of the active ingredients in licorice, has modulatory activity on the body’s immune responses.
- Olive Leaf: Olive leaf extract, derived from the Mediterranean olive tree, contains beneficial phenolic compounds, such as oleuropein, that help the tree naturally defend itself against
undesirable bacteria, fungi, and other invaders. Studies show that olive leaf extract has antioxidant properties that may inhibit lipid peroxidation and enhance antioxidant enzyme activity.
This product can be used as needed on a periodic basis to support immune system responsiveness by stimulating beneficial immune cells and immune system activity. All ingredients contained in this product are natural and have an established history of safe dietary intake at the recommended levels. This product is free of the following common allergens: milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, corn, yeast, and soybeans. Contains no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.