Intravenous therapy or IV therapy is one of the most favored treatments among our patients. This is because certain IV therapy boosts necessary nutrients specific to your condition for faster relief. Our patients love how IV therapy makes them feel better sooner.
You can imagine how helpful it is for your body to have sufficient vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, and more to run the hundreds of processes that keep you healthy – just imagine how useful it is when your body has all of these helpful nutrients administered quickly and directly to cells and organs through IV therapy, rather than having to be absorbed through the GI tract.
Having IV therapy can also help patients who are struggling with poor gastrointestinal health – who aren’t absorbing nutrients properly. Furthermore, IV therapy bypasses the gastrointestinal tract, which prevents common side effects of taking vitamins and minerals, like diarrhea. This is a major benefit for any of our patients dealing with chronic illness, because IV therapy can help them correct imbalances in the body faster without adding to their symptoms.
5 IV Therapy Benefits
Each IV therapy has its own specific benefits depending on the contents and who is receiving the therapy. In general, when nutrients are deposited directly into your bloodstream they get into your cells faster – which offers you numerous benefits. Some of our favorite IV therapy benefits include:
- Nutrients are more bioavailable to the body because they’re deposited directly into the bloodstream.
- Cells are able to access nutrients more quickly.
- Nutrients bypass the digestive tract, which is beneficial to anyone who has dysfunctional absorption.
- IV therapy may strengthen the immune system and improve detoxification.
- IV therapy may boost cellular energy processes and production, which is often noticed in day-to-day energy levels.